Installing Google File Stream
Modified on: Fri, Mar 9, 2018 at 9:13 AM
Use work or school files on your computer with Drive File Stream You can see and find your files in Google Drive on your computer with Drive File Stream. You can:
- Save specific files and folders offline, including Team Drives.
- View and organize your files in your computer’s file system, such as:
- Explorer on Windows
- Finder on macOS
- Open files with apps installed on your computer.
- See all of your files in Google Drive without using storage space on your computer.
Download & install Drive File StreamYou may not be able to use Drive File Stream, or your organization may install it for you. If you have questions, ask your administrator.To download Drive File Stream:DOWNLOAD FOR WINDOWS DOWNLOAD FOR MAC
- On your computer, open:
- DriveFileStream.exe on Windows
- DriveFileStream.dmg on Mac
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Windows: Windows 7 and up. Windows Server editions are not supported.
- Mac: El Capitan (10.11) and up. For High Sierra (10.13), follow these steps.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.